Fun Five Facts
- The first fact is about films. That fearful roar of the T-Rex was actually a combination of animal sounds, including elephant trumpeting and, bizarrely, penguin mating sounds. The velociraptor squeal is a combo of walrus grunts and dolphin squeaks.
- The second fact is about animals. The Swell Shark, found in New Zealand, barks like a dog.
- The third fact is about planets. Mars takes its name from the Roman god of war. The ancient Greeks called the planet Ares, after their god of war; the Romans then did likewise, associating the planet’s blood-red colour with Mars, their own god of war.
- The fourth fact is about the brain. The brain is made up of about 75% water.
- The fifth fact is one you can try, it is physically impossible to spin your right leg clockwise while you draw the number six with your right hand.
By: Darren McMillan (HND Animal Care)